A simple zucchini pizza recipe, with few ingredients. Only; dough, zucchini, bread crumbs, salt, some emmental cheese and a little olive oil. That’s it!
Using the no-knead dough recipe as a base, you need a well oiled pan for the pizza. Push the dough right to the edges, using your fingers to give a few indentations and make the dough level. Luckily the oil gives the pizza a brilliant focaccia-like crunch.
Most importantly the zucchini needs to be shredded and salted to help drain out the moisture (about 20min). Don’t forget to wash this off later, and squeeze the water out.
Mix with some shredded emmental and spread out onto the dough. Sprinkle with some breadcrumbs and bake at 400 degrees until the dough is nice and crispy. The result is one of my favorite snacks, along with a glass of white.
- Two Zucchinis
- 100g Emmental cheese (shredded)
- 1/4 cup Plain bread crumbs
- Red pepper flakes
- 500g no-knead dough
- Olive Oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Shred the zucchini using a large hole grater, add a salt and place in a non-reactive bowl. Let sit for 20-30min.
- Using a large baking sheet, spread the olive oil, ensuring the pan and the sides are completely coated. Spread the dough out so it reaches all corners of the pan. Use some wet fingers to put dimples in the dough and make it even.
- Rinse the salt off the zucchini, and squeeze out all the water. You may like to use paper towel for this. In a bowl mix the rinsed zucchini and emmental cheese, and spread onto the dough.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs, a few red pepper flakes and a drizzle of olive oil. Put into the oven and bake until the dough it cooked and slightly browned. Take out, cool and eat!