A devilishly delicious and moist chocolate mocha bundt cake. With a rich, and boozy, chocolate ganache.
We are finally into the Christmas season, and I could not be happier. The music, the overindulgence in tasty food, time with family and friends. Hopefully, hopefully, a bit of snow as well.
A couple of weeks ago we were visiting some friends in the next town over for dinner and drinks, and it was delicious. Just a massive amount of raclette cooked meat and cheese. So delicious. So not healthy for us. But, it was a Saturday night and it was a great way to unwind. All very wintery!
I was asked to bring a dessert, which provided me with an opportunity to try out a new bundt pan. Yes, my life has come to that. In any case I decided if I was going to have a rich meal, I wasn’t going to have a healthy dessert. Hence the titled dessert, of a chocolate mocha bundt cake with a boozy chocolate ganache.
It went down a treat, paired with a bit of vanilla ice cream. Now it is a lovely chocolate cake on its own, but what really brings it together is the ganache. Chocolate and cream, mix with a shot of liqueur poured over top. Yeah, I did have any leftovers to bring home!
Well, with chocolate cake I’d normally suggest milk. However, with chocolate mocha bundt cake I might suggest a liqueur on the side.
I know I started this by talking about Christmas, but the music playing at the time was a bit of Billy Ocean and Love Really Hurts without you. Yup, that it now going to be stuck in your head!
[button content=”Listen on iTunes” color=”blue” text=”white” url=”https://geo.itunes.apple.com/us/album/love-really-hurts-without-you/id292446962?i=292447011&mt=1&app=music&at=1001loXh“_blank”]
[button content=”Listen on Amazon” color=”black” text=”white” url=”http://amzn.to/2g8GDnV” openin=”_blank”]
Chocolate Mocha Bundt Cake
Chocolate Mocha Bundt Cake
- 225 g softened butter
- 25 g soft butter
- 350 g flour
- 100 g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 325 g sugar
- 2 shots of espresso or 1 tbsp espresso powder
- 100 g semi-sweet chocolate
- 115 ml heavy cream
- 1 Tbsp coffee liqueur
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- In a mixer, cream the 225g of soft butter and sugar until nice and fluffy. Add the eggs (one at a time) and the vanilla.
- Combine the dry ingredients in one bowl, and the wet (not the soft butter!) in another. You should use all the wet ingredients, and most of the dry. If it is too watery, add a bit more flour.
- Prepare your bundt pan by rubbing with the soft butter. Place this in your fridge for 15min. Carefully, pour your batter in. Place this in the oven for about 50-60min, until a skewer comes out clean.
- When done, let cool in the pan for 15min, and then invert on a wire rack. Let it cool completely.
- To make the glaze, break the chocolate up in a heat proof bowl. Bring the cream to a simmer on the stove, and the pour over the chocolate. Add in the butter, and let sit for a minute or two. If you are using the booze, add it now, and then slowly stir. As the sauce thickens, slowly pour over the cake (use a drip pan!). Let cool, then enjoy.